Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Reflections....

What reflections and connections can you make with this novel?
From the novel I can reflect myself from Don Richardson and from the Sawi. As I started to finish reading this book, I wondered where my faith in God was standing. I was astonished and wondered at the beginning how Don Richardson was willing to risk his life to spread Christianity to the Sawi. Would I be willing to risk my life to spread the gospel? I say that I am a Christian and I thank God for everything he has done for me, but I wasn't sure if I was ready to risk my life to spread his word. However, Don Richardson decided to follow God's words and spread Christianity in the world he created. I can connect myself with Don Richardson in many ways. I know that he must have been scared to enter a new culture. I myself was scared when I entered Cambodia. I didn't understand a single word and did not know anything about the culture. Some how thanks to God's grace, I was able to connect with the people without any language trouble and soon learned about the culture of Cambodia by staying there for a couple of days. Don Richardson was scared to enter a new culture, but he was willing to adapt to the new Sawi culture. I also was willing to adapt to Cambodia's culture to connect with the people and spread the gospel with them. I can relate myself to the Sawi village. The Sawi village changed by becoming Christians. When I became a Christian, I felt myself changing. I became thankful of what I had and became to see changes in my life. God gave me so much and is now leading me to a path he planned for me. By reading this novel, I was able to feel my faith grow stronger and realize that rather than just saying that I am a Christian, I need to show that I am a Christian through my actions.

1 comment:

African Globe Trotters. said...

Yes, I was inspired by this novel too. Being a Christian also means that there is a responsibility that we have towards our fellow man. Mrs.Mc.